Here is the MacBook Pro Touch Bar not working. Are you frustrated that the Touch Bar on your MacBook Pro does not work? You’re not the only one. Apple may have removed the Touch Bar on its M3 MacBook Pros but it is still a useful feature for users of older MBP models. This tool allows you to quickly access a wide range of functions, improving your productivity and overall user experience. When it goes haywire it can be a real inconvenience.
We’ve got your back, whether you’re having problems with non-responsiveness, display problems, or specific app issues. Use these simple solutions to fix your Mac’s touch bar and take back control.
Force quit troublesome applications
Before you seek professional assistance, try troubleshooting your MacBook Pro Touch bar. Start by ensuring that no background applications are running.
It is possible that some applications on your Mac are preventing the device from performing optimally. This problem can be resolved by forcing out any applications that cause you to doubt.
- Press the key + option + Escape together.
- The Force Quit applications window should appear on your screen.
- Select any applications you are wary of and click Force quit.
- When prompted to confirm the decision, select Force Quit.
This is useful if the Touch Bar becomes ineffective or unresponsive. Before you do this, save any work you are currently doing to avoid losing anything.
Restart Your Mac
Restarting your MacBook Pro can also be an effective way to fix the Touch Bar problem. This can often fix software conflicts or glitches that cause the touch bar not to respond. Below is a discussion on the most effective way to comply:
- Click on the Apple Logo ().
- Choose the Restart option.
- Select Restart when prompted to begin the action.
- Let the process take its course.
Check if your Touch Bar works as it did before after you have successfully restarted your Mac. If the problem persists, you may need to take further troubleshooting steps.
Refresh Touch Bar
You didn’t find the general solutions to be effective? Let’s try a more technical approach. A simple Touch Bar update can sometimes fix any glitches.
You can choose from the following methods depending on what is most convenient for you.
Via Activity Monitor
- You can access the Finder on your Mac.
- Go to utilities.
- Launch Activity Monitor.
- Find TouchBarServer in the interface.
- Select the result to Force Stop and the process.
- When prompted, click Force quit.
If you can’t find TouchBarServer under Activity Monitor, this is a quick way to reset your MacBook Pro.
- Spotlight is a great way to access the Terminal app on your Mac.
- Copy the command, and then hit return.
sudo kill TouchBarServer
- Enter the Password and the Return keys to proceed.
- After verification, action will begin.
Note: The Touch Bar will briefly go blank before returning back to normal when macOS restarts TouchBarServer in order to allocate new resources.
Refresh Control Strip
Here is a solution to fix the MacBook Touch Bar issue.
The Control Strip is crucial to the stability of Touch Bar performance on MacBook Pro. Refreshing the Control Strip will re-establish the Touch Bar connection.
- Open the Terminal app on your Mac.
- Enter the following command.
- To run the command, press Return.
This will reset and refresh your Touch Bar. It should fix any issues with glitches, or non-responsiveness.
Check Touch Bar display settings
Check that your touch bar settings are correct. To get started:
- Click on the Apple Logo () – System settings.
- Scroll down and select the Keyboard option.
- Click Touch Bar Setting now under Keyboard Navigation.
- Verify that your device has the following settings enabled.
- Toggle off and then back on again.
- Hit Done.
Clear the Touch Bar Cache Files
Clearing cache files can be a solution if the problem persists. To comply:
- You can access the Finder app on your Mac.
- Select Go To Folder from the menu bar.
- Paste the following path now:
- Locate and delete the file “apple.touchbar.agent.plist” here.
- Access the path from the Go To Folder option.
- Delete all the files in the cache folder.
Note : Make sure you only delete the files in the Cache folder, and not the entire folder. Deleting the Cache folder can cause certain applications to cease working on your Mac.
- Now you can restartyour Mac.
Be sure to backup any important files and proceed with caution before you attempt this fix.
Use the Touch Bar in Safe mode
If you don’t want to do anything extreme, an alternative option is to Test your MacBook Pro in the Safe Mode.
If your Mac’s Touch Bar responds correctly in Safe Mode, it is likely that there is a software or application that interferes with the device’s functionality.
- Then, restart your Mac normally.
- Remove all third-party applications from the installed application menu.
- Update the apps to the latest version if they are important.
It is also highly recommended that you run a malware scan to ensure your MacBook Pro’s hardware performance does not get affected by viruses or malicious software.
If you haven’t done so yet, you may want to update your macOS version to the latest version. This will often fix compatibility problems and provide necessary updates to the touch bar.
Before you begin, make sure that your MacBook Pro has a constant internet connection. Backup your system while you are at it to avoid losing important documents or files.
Reset NVRAMs and SMCs
Here are some alternatives to consider if you’re still having problems with the Touch Bar of your Intel-based MacBook Pro. First, you can reset both the SRAM (SRAM) and NVRAM (NVRAM) of your MacBook Pro.
It is a good way to fix hardware issues. This involves resetting system functions like power management, thermal control, and keyboard backlighting.
The second option is to reset the SMC on your Mac. This will reset the system settings back to default, which may resolve issues with Touch Bar.
Apple Diagnostics is a great tool to test your Mac
The Apple diagnostics tool is your last chance to recover a Mac. Apple has a built-in tool that can identify hardware problems with MacBook Pro.
You must immediately submit any error codes that your device displays to Apple’s official support documentation, or to an authorized service provider.
If this doesn’t help, you might want to consider contacting Apple Support for more assistance or diagnostics.
Also Check this: How to reset network settings on Mac
Touch Bar: The Rebirth of Touch Bar!
The touch bar on your MacBook Pro not working can be frustrating. However, these solutions will allow you to retrieve your device with ease. You can increase your chances of solving the touch bar problem by systematically exploring these fixes.
We thank you for your reading. Please leave a comment below.