In terms of convenience, Bluetooth peripherals such as keyboards and mouse are unrivaled. These gadgets have a short battery life. You can avoid a sudden disconnect by regularly checking the battery. It would be fantastic to be able to quickly check the battery life of Bluetooth gadgets. You can check battery level of Bluetooth devices connected to your Mac using several easy methods. Explore the options below.
Check the menu bar of Mac
The menu bar is one of the easiest areas to view on the Mac. All it takes is a simple swoop of the mouse cursor. You can even make the menu bar appear on full-screen mode.
You can manually add the Bluetooth icon if you don’t see it in your menu bar. How to add Bluetooth on Mac?
Macs running macOS version Ventura or higher:
- Select System Settings from the Apple menu.
- Select Control Center in the sidebar.
- Look for Bluetooth in the Control Center module and choose Show in Menu Bar in the dropdown menu.
In your menu bar, choose the Bluetooth icon. A drop-down menu will appear with a list of Bluetooth devices that are associated with your Mac. You can see the current battery level of each device next to its name. This enables you to quickly and easily monitor your charge.
Mac Control Center
If you choose not to have the Bluetooth symbol added to the menu bar, you may still access it using Control Center.
- Click on Bluetooth in the Control Center menu.
- The popup window will list all Bluetooth devices connected to the Mac and show their battery level.
Do you know the best way to utilize Control Center? Check out our guide on using and customizing Control Center to increase efficiency.
Use the Battery widget on MacOS Sonama
The macOS Sonama Battery widget allows you to keep track of the battery level. It displays the battery level of your Mac as well as other devices nearby that are connected through Bluetooth.
- Click or tap with two fingers on the desktop wallpaper.
- Choose Edit Widgets.
- Choose Batteries in the left-sidebar. Select your widget style from the right.
Drag and drop widgets onto your desktop, or Notification Center.
Bluetooth Devices List
The Bluetooth device Rundown in System Settings will show you all of the Bluetooth devices associated with your Mac, along their ongoing battery level.
- Select System Settings from the Apple menu and Bluetooth.
- In the My Devices area on the right, you will find the list of all the accessories that are connected to your Mac.
- You can see the battery percentage just below each name. This will let you determine the remaining power of each gadget.
- Also Check this: How to show battery percentage on Mac
Use Terminal on Mac
You can run a command if you are comfortable with Terminal to quickly find out the check battery level of Bluetooth devices connected percentage of your device.
Enter any of or both the following to launch terminal:
- Battery for keyboard: ioreg -c AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard |grep ‘”BatteryPercent” =’
- Mouse battery: ioreg -c BNBMouseDevice |grep ‘”BatteryPercent” =’
It’s a good idea to keep an eye on your Bluetooth accessories. This will keep them from running out of battery power when you really want it most, for example, during a gathering or meeting.
Regular checking ensures that your device is always ready to use. What is your ideal option? Please share it with us!