The Web would look different without search engines. Search engines make it easier to find information quickly compress a PDF on Mac. Safari searches Google on iPhones, iPads, and Macs. Safari settings can be changed if you want to use a different engine. Continue reading to learn how. Here’s how to compress a PDF on Mac.
Built-in Mac PDF compression tools
Mac has built-in utilities that can reduce the PDF size manually. Learn how to reduce the size of your PDF files by optimizing them.
Use Preview to reduce PDF file size
- Launch preview, and to load compressed PDF. ( Right click and select “open with,” then select “preview“.
- Select Export from the File menu. (Do not choose PDF export.)
- Type in the export name and location.
- Select Minimize File Size from the pull-down option next to the Quartz Filter.
- Pick the Save option.
Congratulations! Your PDF has been successfully compressed and saved to a location of your choosing on your Mac.
Shortcut program on Mac shrinks PDF
- By clicking the Get Shortcut link, you may quickly access Optimize PDF File Size.
- Select New Shortcut. If asked again, choose Add Shortcut.
- Use Spotlight Search (Command + Space) to open the Shortcut app.
- Go there and click Play to reduce a PDF.
- Select PDF > Open > Open. Multiple PDFs can be compressed at once.
- Get rid of the app.
Go back to the original location of the PDF file to see the compressed version.
Third-party apps to compress PDF
- PDF Squeezer
- PDF Expert
- PDF Element
- PDF SAM
Free online PDF compressor tools
- I Love PDF
- PDF Compressor
- Small PDF
- PDF 2 Go
- Adobe Acrobat
Q: How do I change PDF to Word?
A: Macs’ built-in features, websites, and online apps can all convert PDFs to Word files. Discover more in our article on how to convert a PDF to Word on a Mac.
Q: How do I put PDFs together?
A: Preview on a Mac is one of the easiest ways to join two PDF files together. To see how to do it, read how to merge PDFs on Mac.
Q: How do I get rid of passwords on PDF files?
A: PDFs containing private information must be password protected. Having too many PDFs might be a curse. Follow these steps to open a Mac PDF without a password.
Q: How can I change a PDF file?
A: Soda PDF is the finest way to alter PDF files on your Mac. The program allows you to convert, edit, and create PDF files online all in one spot.
Q: You have anything?
A: Apple’s built-in Text Editor can reduce PDFs, but I didn’t use it since it was too complicated.
So long! These are the quickest and simplest PDF reducing methods. You can select your preferred approach or try them all.