Here’s How to View Home apps activity History on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Who unlocked the door after bedtime or when the alarm went off? Activity History in the Apple Home app shows when and who did these tasks.
What is Activity History in the Home app?
The Activity History shows all the things that happen with your smart home devices, like garage doors, sensors, smoke detectors, and door locks, that you connect with the Home app. Like, you can see when and who opened a door. This is yet another useful way to keep your home safe.
When you use the Activity History tool, remember these things:
- Activity History in the Home app requires iOS 17, iPadOS 17, and macOS Sonoma.
- Only the Home app Owner or a user who can add and remove accessories may switch on or off Activity History.
- Anyone with house access can see the Activity History on the house app.
- Activity History disappears after 30 days.
- Turning off the feature erases all saved data.
- If the power goes out, the network fails, or the home hub is unreachable, some action may not be registered.
- Apple cannot access your Activity History since it is encrypted.
- Also Check this: How to disable Click wallpaper to reveal desktop on macOS Sonoma
Activity History should be enabled by default when you update to iOS 17, iPadOS 17, or macOS Sonoma, but you may disable it afterwards.
How to enable or disable iPhone/iPad Home app Activity History
- In the Home app, click the three dots in the upper right and select Home Settings.
- Safety and security first.
- Select One Month under Activity History.
- Opt Off to deactivate the functionality.
- Use the top left arrow to quit Home Settings and Done to return to the main screen.
How to view Activity History in the Home app
Once switched on, Activity History is straightforward to find, even if not obvious. To see your Activity History, do these things.
On iPhone and iPad:
- Select Home at the bottom of the Home app’s menu.
- To access Home on an iPad, tap the Home button on the sidebar.
- Select “Security” from the main menu, and “Activity History” will load below. There should be a lot of today’s events included, too.
- The menu might require a significant period to stack, so kindly show restraint.
- To see everything that has happened with your add-ons, select Activity History.
- Date, accessory, action, user, and time are all shown. Remember that you won’t see the user’s name if the operation was performed manually, such as locking the door, rather than through the Home app.
- To exit the Activity History and go back to the app’s main menu, tap the Done button.
- In the left menu of the Home application, open it and tap on Home.
- Your Activity History should show up after you click on Security.
- If you click Activity History, you can see everything that your smart home devices have done.
- To get back to the app’s home screen, tap “Done.”
Be more aware of your smart home
Activity History in the Home app lets you monitor smart home security devices. It’s simple to find out when the garage door opener was activated or who opened the rear door. How did you like this article (How to View Home Apps Activity History on iPhone, iPad, and Mac)?