Apple Notes’ block quote feature can be used to add a paragraph in your note. The use block quotes in Notes is a new feature in iOS 17, iPadOS 17 and macOS Sonoma. It allows you to arrange long quotes so that they look good and are easy to read. This article allows you to add or remove block quotes. You’ll see how it works for moving a note. You can add a block quote in Apple Notes either before or after you type something. Just do these easy things.
How to add block quotes to iPhone and iPad Notes
- Open the Notes app. You can go to a new note or an old one.
- Mark where the block quote should go.
- You may place it wherever in the text if you have it..
- To pick all the text in more than one line, double-tap a word and drag the focus through it.
- On an iPhone, tap the Formatting (Aa) button above the keyboard. On an iPad, tap the icon in the menu at the top.
- The Block Quote icon is a box and a line. It is in the bottom right area of the style tools.
An up-and-down grey line that goes through your text will show up on the left. Your block quote has a little extra space around it too.
Take out the block quotes on your iPad and iPhone
Once you choose to get rid of a use block quotes in Apple Notes in Notes on your iPhone or iPad, it’s very simple to do so.
- Move the mouse anywhere inside the block quote.
- Click on the sign that looks like a “Aa.”
- To turn it off, tap the Block Quote icon.
After that, your text should go back to how it was formatted in your note.
How to add block quotes in Notes on Mac
Block quotes may be added to Notes on your Mac as easy as on your phone, before or after typing.
- Click where to place the block quotation.
- Put your cursor anywhere in the text or drag your mouse to choose it if you have many lines.
- Afterward, pick one of these options:
- The Formatting (Aa) button can be found in the toolbar.
- Get the quick menu by right-clicking and choosing Paragraph Styles.
- Select Format from the list of options.
- With Block Quote selected, a tick appears next to it.
After that, your quote will be on the left with a vertical line and a small gap between the lines.
Apple computers: Get rid of block quotes
You can easily get rid of a block quote from your note after adding it, just like when you add it on a Mac.
- Move the mouse anywhere in the block quote’s text.
- Then, click the style selector button, right-click, and choose Paragraph Styles, or choose Format from the menu bar.
- When you deselect Block Quote, the tick next to it goes away.
Next, you’ll see your text in the way it was originally written.
Bonus: Move Notes block quotes to Pages
Have you used Apple Notes’ “Open in Pages” feature? You’ll be happy to know that if you add a block quote in Notes and then open the note in Pages, the block quote stays. This makes it even more useful since Pages doesn’t have a built-in block quote tool right now.
- To install the block quotation on iPhone, iPad, or Mac, follow these steps: Click Share.
- Click on Open in Pages. Your note and its block quote will appear in a new Pages file.
Notes has a new tool that lets you link notes. Make sure you check it out on iOS 17, iPadOS 17, and macOS Sonoma.
Easy block quotes!
For long quotes, you don’t have to use indents or quotation marks. Instead, you can use the block quote tool in Apple Notes. This makes a note that looks good or lets you open it in Apple Pages. Are you pleased that Notes now has a block quote icon? Tell us!